QuickQWERTY Release Notes
This page documents the features, bug fixes, etc. introduced with each release.
Release date: 2015-05-12
QuickQWERTY 1.0.0 is the first public release of the new branch of QuickQWERTY hosted on GitHub.
The previous branch of QuickQWERTY was hosted on SourceForge. The first release, version 0.0.5, was made on 22 November 2008. The last release, version 0.4, was made on 23 May 2010. These releases were hosted on SourceForge at http://sourceforge.net/projects/quickqwerty/files/QuickQWERTY/.
The new branch of QuickQWERTY hosted at https://github.com/susam/quickqwerty has been rewritten from scratch in order to get rid of all legacy code and issues, and build a new typing tutor afresh. There is a lot of resemblance between the user interface of this typing tutor and that of the older one.
- New: Tutor with 21 units and 101 lessons to learn touch typing.
- New: Facebook like box in the sidebar.
- New: Support for two styles of typing the number keys: 6–7 split and 5–6 split.
- New: QuickQWERTY version number in the footer.
- New: Input commands: reset, rst, fix, xxx.
- New: Version update notification is displayed when the user is using a version of QuickQWERTY that is older than the latest stable version.